MAKING THE SEO CLIMB
Before we get you geared up... Let's be clear. No one can tell you their SEO (Search Engine Optimization) solution will get your website to the top of Google's organic search in a designated time frame. Period. However, we can understand wanting to know…And, wanting to improve your search engine ranking as quickly as possible.
If you're counting on organic search to pull traffic into your business, you probably want to know that less than 10% of online search engine traffic actually advances to Page 2. However, if you’re one of the few companies that get to the top of the search engines and appear in the coveted page 1 results, there is good news. The organic listings receive 90% of the clicks, with the other 10% going to paid advertising. So, it's time to roll up your sleeves, or contact us :-)
Post Consistent Relevant ContentPosting fresh meaningful content consistently goes a very long way in search engine ranking and can have a major impact on how quickly you rise in search engine ranking. Not only do you have to be confident in the relevance of your content creation you have to make sure that your copy writing is optimized for crawls, and gets indexed. The following list represents a good start:
Unique meaningful titles
Descriptive 'alt' tags for images
Bold text and link attributes
Headline tags where appropriate
Using—not overusing—search terms in the text
Feed The MeterIn search land, Google rules... So, making use of their solutions, Google+ and YouTube, is like giving a crisp apple to the teacher. Online video accounts for a tremendous amount of traffic and is showing no signs of slowing down. So, optimize your video channels, titles, descriptions, and tags and share them as much as possible where ever and whenever relevant. We've found it helps.
Keep It CleanWhile it may seem hard to believe, something as simple as having clean, fast loading pages plays a critical role in search rank. If you've ever tried to load a slow page, you can appreciate why. Whatever the reason, and there can be many, fix it! We've found unnecessary scripts and image-heavy pages are a good place to start.
If fixing that doesn't help, check your hosting provider services. We use SiteGround and they are everything we'd expect in a website hosting provider. Other pitfalls that can slow your ranking progress:
Poor quality backlinks